Posted by: Mic | 2009-07-09

Jungle Energy Crunch Tropical Fruit Muesli and Fat Free Milk

I am addicted to jungle energy crunch tropical fruit muesli and fat free milk. It is okay is I have it for breakfast and lunch? I am on my ideal weight and don' t want to put on weight by eating the wrong thing often.

Dear Mich
As the name implies, this Jungle Energy Crunch is a high-energy food, so check on the label (I don't have an example with me at the moment) and if a serving (say 45 g or 1/2 cup) contains more than 900 kJ (plus about 200 kJ for the 1/2 cup of milk = 2100 kJ for breakfast provided that is all you eat), then it may cause weight gain. If a 1/2 cup portion does contain more than 900 kJ, you may have to look for a similar product with a lower energy content.