Question
Posted by: Baby | 2012-03-16

Jumpstart

I heard that jump start 7 day weight loss program is good. Would you recommend one to use?

Dear Baby
I do not agree that it is necessary to do all kinds of extreme diets and procedures when you start dieting. I also have not seen the product list/diet for the Jumpstart 7-day weightloss programme, so I cannot comment on this product. At least 1 or 2 new 'over-the-counter' slimming pills and products are launched every week, so it is practically impossible to keep track of them. However, you can judge for yourself: If you click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Weight Loss' and 'Diet Detective' you can look up the various ingredients in the Jumpstart products to see what side-effects they cause and if they actually contribute to weightloss. You can also assess the diet. Ask the following questions: a) if the diet contains all the food groups b) if it is not too low in energy, c) If you have to take all kinds of diet pills and potions with the diet. If you need to cut out whole food groups (esp carbohydrates) or if the diet is very low in energy then it is not sensible and well balanced. Also keep in mind that very rapid weight loss will lead to rapid regain once you stop using an unbalanced diet.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-03-17

Dear Baby