Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2010/04/19

Jumping on trampoline while pregnant

Hi Doc,

Im 28 weeks pregnant. Iv got a toddler who often wants me to jump on the trampoline with him, our trampoline has a net so i cant fall off and i do not do tricks. Is it okay to be jumping on the trampoline?

The main danger would be falling and hurting yourself.

20
Posted by: jessica | 2010/04/24

Bhahahahahahahah guess again!Im terribly sorry to disappoint you but its not the same one!But once again it just proves what lack of a life you dont have that you spend so much time on this site!!!

Reply to jessica

Jessica, you really should have read that twice or maybe thrice before asking me to find an error. You seem very naive are you perhaps the same Jessica from the pregnancy chat forum?
If so that explains a lot. I''m tired of chatting and I think you need to visit the contraceptive forum. Hehe  -)

Posted by: JESSICA | 2010/04/23

P.S TRY FIND A SPELLING OR GRAMMER ERROR IN THAT!!!

Reply to JESSICA
Posted by: JESSICA | 2010/04/23

OMG GET A LIFE ANON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PATHETIC IS HARDLY THE WORD THE DISCRIBES YOU!!!

Reply to JESSICA

Dear Jessica, I don''t follow your pathetic excuse for an english sentence. " Anon if that is your only defence on your behave on this site and sticking ..." 
Maybe you need to spend some time learning this language and using it correctly. I think you should request for an expert English teacher on this site - you need it.
PS Good luck with that :)

PS Good luck with that :)

Posted by: Jessica | 2010/04/23

Anon if that is your only defence on your behave on this site and sticking your nose where it does not belong!I do think its best you spend more time with the " cyber shrink"  on this site instead of the gynae!Good Luck with that!

Reply to Jessica

Oh Boo, and shame on you for being so stupid!

To Anon : and you should find something better to do with your time then sit on a website and pass stuipd unwanted comments on other peoples questions that are meant for experts!But maybe this is the only form of attention you can get!Shame!

To Anon: Instead of jumping on a " trampaleen"  you should spend your time learning how to spell and use grammer properly.

Posted by: Purple | 2010/04/21

The risk on the trampoline is probablly mostly from if you fall on your stomach, so if you are with a young toddler and they are holding your hands and you are just really bouncing your knees rather than actually jumping, it''s probably no less safe than doing the same on your bed (some people like to jump on their beds with their toddlers).

However, your centre of gravity is affected while you are pregnant making you far more likely to overbalance and fall at any time.

Even if you can''t fall off the trampoline, you can still fall on it and still hit the edge quite hard even if it has padding.

Can you perhaps sit on the trampoline while you hold your toddlers hands and let him / her bounce, that way you are there, and won''t fall.

Reply to Purple

Actually charmaine is not the only mum wanting to know the answer to this question!As i am in the same situation with my toddler who wont jump on the trampaleen alone and i am 6 and a half months pregnant!I am not jumping to reach the stars as i am sure the other lady is not either (as little toddlers really dont jump very high) but want the security of there moms with them!But as i see it this is a free forum and you may ask whatever questions you want, to you it same seem trival and to others not!So why dont you stop adding your unwanted comments to other peoples questions and leave the answers to the doc who the question was intended for?unless you are a doc by profession in that case - start your own forum!

Sorry that you took offence but why worry the Gynae on something so trivial. You really should know better. You''re 6 months pregnant for crying out loud, does it make sense to jump with a huge belly on a trampoline, is it necassary! Is it worth the risk?

Posted by: Charmaine | 2010/04/20

Anon: This is supposed to be an expert forum. So would you kindly mind your own business and leave the answer to the expert!

Reply to Charmaine

Your subject should say it all - are you for real.

Posted by: Racoon | 2010/04/20

On the safety card that is stitched to the trampoline is indicates that one shouldn''t jump while pregnant...

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: A | 2010/04/20

I''m not sure what the doc will say, but I have a friend who jumped on the trampoline, whilst pregnant, for her wedding photo shoot and had terrible stomach cramps afterwards.

Reply to A