Question
Posted by: I spy | 2012-08-22

Jumping eye.

Dear Doctor ,
My bottom eyelid lately has been jumping due to I think a nerve .It is driving me crazy and feels really weird.It comes and goes throughout the day and has lasted for two weeks already.Is it caused by dry eye maybe?
The other eye seems to be starting as well now..
Are there any drops that I can use or ointment and what has caused this as i had it a few years ago as well 3am.It lasts for ages!
Thank you .

Myokymia or eye twitching is a benign condition that spontaneously resolves but can sometimes take up to three weeks. It is caused by a lack of sleep, too much caffeine, stress and anxiety, eye dryness due to overexposure to computer and television monitors. You can use Tears Naturale to alleviate dryness.