Posted by: Charlies mom | 2009-03-04

Jumping &  Feeding

Hi Doc,

Two questions:

1. My 5 month old Boxer puppy is growing fast, and soon I won' t be able to handle it when he jumps on me. How can I stop him from jumping up on me when I come home from work and he' s so excited to see me?

2. I generally feed him Hills for puppies, but I see he gets bored with his food at times. Can I mix Hills and Pedigree or should I just stick to the one food? I don' t want his tummy to be messed up because of the two brands.

Thanks doc!

Dear Charlies mom

1. Ignore him when you get home and give him attention when he settles down on his own. If this does not work lift your knee just at the right time. Sounds cruel but is less cruel than your dog breaking a old lady's hip when he jumps on her on your property.

2. Good if he get bored with Hills. Much better to grow slow than to fast. Do not try to make him eat or enjoy his food more.