Posted by: Lolliepop | 2009-01-10

Jump stat weighloss program

Several people at work is now on this Home Mark Jump Start program and is losing weight (more than 2 kg in the first week) I have my misgivings about this because for 7 days you just take in water and the vitamins / minerals of the Fruit and Veg - no carbs or protein. Thus not balanced. Secondly I am not sure if they would be able to sustain the weight loss or is it only helping the yo-yo diet. Lastly they said the author is a " well known fitness expert"  but if you Google his name nothing came up?

Am I correct in my misgivings or is this a proven way to for weight loss?

I am a strong believer in 5 a day and balanced eating.

Dear Lilliepop
Wishing you all the best for 2009. How wonderful to meet a Reader who is so sensible about losing weight. You are quite correct that the best, safest and most sensible way to lose weight is to eat a balanced low-fat, high-fibre diet that includes all the food groups, as well as 5-a-day and to do regular aerobic exercise for about 30 min a day. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet. This 'Jump Start Diet' sounds like a fad to me and although your colleagues have lose some weight in week1, they will gain it all back again when they start eating normally. They also run the risk of getting caught up in yo-yo dieting. So stick to your guns and if you are contemplating weightloss (?) then do it the sensible way.

Posted by: lux | 2009-01-10

hey im a teenager of 17 years of age and im over weight and now i want to lose all the weight but i cant find any helping diets . so can you please help me in any way possible to lose the weight coz now im not happy with myself.

Reply to lux