Question
Posted by: Nosy | 2011/09/20

Juice fast

What are your opinion on a juice fast? I have seen a lot of positive feedback about it on the internet. How do you do a safe juice fast and are there specific juices to leave out etc? I''m considering a 10-day juice fast for detox purposes, not weight loss.

Dear Nosy
While I am in favour of freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices, and a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, I do not think that it is necessary to go on a 10 day fast. Using only fresh juices for a day or two should not cause any problems, but it is possible that if you extend the juice fast for too long, that you may start to suffer from tiredness and even experience fainting spells. It is best to only undertake any type of "fast" when you have a few days off work, so that you can rest and relax. Most fruits and vegetables can be used to make fresh juice, but always prepare the juice just before consumption because the juice will lose a lot of vitamin C due to oxidation, if you should store it in a fridge.
Don't overdo things

1

Dear Nosy
Don't overdo things