Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2012-06-07

Judgement People

Can anyone tell me how is it that a woman is blamed if her husband has an affair. It seems like everyone assumes that a woman has done something wrong to make a man cheat  other women are the worst culprits.

Obviously not everyone does this, but yes, many people are stupid enough to do this - until it happens to them, of course. What is maybe more interesting is that you point out how women, often the victims of cheating, too often choose to blame the victim
What do other readers think about why this might be ?

3
Posted by: Nonto | 2012-06-11

Nicole....your so on point...Plain truth

But I still refuse to forgive and forget...it hurts so much...if he do it once....what will stop him doing it again? We also human...we get hurt....what if you did the same to him? He would obviously call you names and never forgive you

Reply to Nonto
Posted by: Nicole | 2012-06-07

Men cheat because they want to cheat - not because a woman has driven them to do it! No-one can force a man to do anything against his will. My husband had an affair with a co-worker, there was not anything majorly wrong in our relationship, we were best friends (or so I thought), we were happy (so I thought), had a good sex-life (so I thought), I always made a point of looking my best, yet he still strayed. It was not my fault he cheated, it was his fault and the woman he chose to cheat with. Where is she today? Who knows? Where am I today? Still married to him .... and trying to forgive and forget! You can look like a model, behave like a whore in bed, have the cleanest home and cook the best meals, if he wants to run around, he will do it and you are not to blame!

Reply to Nicole