Question
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-17

Judgement on under 16 sex

I suppose most of us heard something about the issue of this judgement. Judge thought it is ok for 12yr old to bonk.

What do you think of this judgement as a parent.

wyv71i

5
Posted by: Max | 2013-01-17

Thank you Sir. You are an Intelligent Man. By the virtue of the honor bestowed upon mwah. I declare you Amasi a Savvy Man of our times.

Reply to Max
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-17

Now to Max''s issue
Long time ago, if parents find a kid having sex, they would whip them until they hated it. Then came the new Children laws which made it CRIMINAL for children to do it. Apparently, if I happen to see any kids below 16 engaging in it (actually even fondling or kissing) I would be guilty of a crime if I just give them a whip and forget to report it to the police (by the way whip is illegal).

In the past, there would be parents (normally girl''s parents) when they find kids having sex would threaten statutory rape charges against the boy though it was consent of both parties. Boy''s parent''s would also promise (read threaten) to return the favour by charging the girl for the same offense as their Johnny is also under age.

Some kids care/protection programs thought nope, this is not right that kids should go to jail for being caught expirimenting as kids normally do. So they asked court to say that it is not a crime for kids to be naughty.

The court did not say it is Okay for them to do it but the crime part is just too much.

to be continued.

nzs15o

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-17

Okay, Max
Actually, my intention was to understand how much did they read the judgement or they just relied on headlines and twiter which is sensationalising the issue.

For most part of yesterday I heard people commenting on the issue without sign that they understood what it is all about.

mv0e1i

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Max | 2013-01-17

Amasi you are misinforming your Audience. Encourage them to read the judgement and maybe you should read it as well. I get sick of parents who will blame anybody but themselve for not teaching their kids morals. There is nothing morally right or wrong about any court judgement. It is just what it is. To all you parents, teach your children about morality and stop playing the blame game.

Reply to Max
Posted by: Porsche | 2013-01-17

Hi everyone and all the best for the year going forward.

My dear Amasi, nothing shocks me anymore. In a nutshell the judge acted according to the consitution (please correct me if I''m wrong). If a 12-year olds has a right to have abortion without parent''s consent, then it means they are allowed to have sex.

As a parent I''m appalled, but what can one do?

That''s my penny.

Reply to Porsche