Posted by: Chanel | 2012-11-08

Joy of bipolar

Hi doc,

I have bp and adhd. Last week I got really paranoid that I have head lice (which I didn''t) I could feel them running around on my head! I pulled out loads of my hair to check it for eggs etc (i have a bold spot now... ) and I asked numerous people to check for me and they all said the same thing THERE IS NOTHING THERE... but I didn''t believe them... what''s up with that?

So my partner took out an ex yesterday I went with them but they were so busy chatting and being all over each other... that I actually felt like a third wheel and I started wishing I wasn''t there. So I went to the bar and got really waisted bad idea on meds! My partner was so uninterested in me it went unnoticed that i wasn''t there. They have been chatting non stop via sms etc I picked up my partner''s phone and it got snapped out of hand this morning usually this phone lies around all over the place for anyone to look at it but not today... my partner seems so happy with this woman? I think my partner would rather be with her than be with me, my partner always misses her when she''s not around. Am I being delusional again?

I am so depressed (been for a while) I feel like an ugly disappointment. I cry every 10 minutes. The thought of over dosing on medication has even crawled into my mind. I feel like I really need someone and my partner is too preoccupied with this other woman to be there for me or to even notice that somethings wrong. And to top it all off I have a killer hang over!

Maybe you have delusional parasitosis ? At any rate, it sounds like a further psycholiogical problem needing proper assessment and treatment.
It definitely does not sound as though your current treatment and medication is suiting you or helping as much as it should, and such complex problems should never , anyway, be treated solely with medicines without adding psychological counselling as well.
The hangover you asked for and earned, but it will clear up soon. Maybe you don't have the right partner for you, and should reconsider remaining in this particular relationship. But see your shrink again and discuss these developments including your unpleasant concerns about your hair.

Posted by: ME | 2012-11-08

Hi Chanel

I highly recommend you seek a therapist to help you with your " paranoia"  or other issues. Your partner is not helping by being what seems Over-friendly with his ex. Sometimes you can be completely platonic friends with an ex and everything is fine. Can you not speak to him about how his constant being with her makes youfeel? But you need to also take some responsibility for your issues - they could be what is making him turn to her. You need to actively show you are getting help otherwise you could lose him. Don''t get me wrong - I am NOT putting all the blame on you, he is being insensitive too but a relationship takes two people to make it work otherwise its not worth it.

Reply to ME