Question
Posted by: ANON | 2012/10/08

JOKING AND TEASING

When a man in his 40''s who has children between the ages of 16 - 22, teases and jokes with a girl 18 - 20, is this called teasing and joking or flirting?

It could be either - there's no fixed laws about this. It usually looks far more pathetic than the flirter / joker imagines. It might not be sexual at all, but a clumsy atempt to be pleasant or friendly. As I always say when people claim something they do is "only a joke", the rule is - if you're the only one laughing, then it isn'y a joke at all.

5
Posted by: Romany | 2012/10/08

SPOT ON Pamela.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Pamela | 2012/10/08

Tease and Joke with these young girls in front of your daughters, your wife or the fathers/boyfriends of these young girls and see their response ..... then judge for yourself!

Reply to Pamela
Posted by: Romany | 2012/10/08

It makes it siply stupid. men in their 40''s are going through that change of life thing and I wish they will realisethat young girls see them as OLD men and certainly irritating rather than entertaining.
My daughter used to say " they freak her out" 

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Jenna | 2012/10/08

Well it depends on what he says, where this happens and who the girl is.

Is it a friend of his children? Is it a girl at work or at the local supermarket? Does he tease and joke about the way she looks, or silly things that she does?

Just because an older man teases and jokes with a younger female doesn''t make it something sexual or flirting.

Reply to Jenna