Posted by: Top Dog | 2008-11-18

Joints Injury

I am a begginer body builder and often at times i feel joint pain especially shoulders. What should i do?

Hi Top Dog

Impossible to say. I'm not sure what causes teh pain, when it began, when it happens, and what the nature of that pain is. It could be just about anything. I suspect you're probably experiencing a common problem caused by increasing the training load maybe a little bit suddenly, and your joints are just struggling to adapt. That's normal, and what you need to do is just back off the training a little bit, give the body a chance to adapt and get stronger, and then increase again. So I'd lower the intensity and the load of the lifting for a short time, and see what happens.

If hte problem persists, then it might be something more serious, and you would need to see someone, because then it's possible that you have a weakness or instability that needs to be corrected.