Question
Posted by: CJ | 2011/08/15

Joints

I''m scheduled for a right and left elbow infiltration and right knee scope. I had the left knee scoped about 10 years ago and on that knee had no (touch wood) further troubles .... is this an indication of arthritis on the ''horison''?

What sort of precaution can be taken going forward? I am a relatively active 46 year old woman who gyms, swims, play squash, walk and (still) dance quite regularly.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear CJ
If you tend to do quite high impact exercise (like you do)it can affect the joints and most of us do develop some form of wear and tear osteo-arthritis. I am not going to tell you to stop exercising as this is very good for you in any case, but you can try and limit the very high impact (e.g squash)and make sure you wear good shoes!

2
Posted by: Danie | 2011/10/10

All of a sudden my left hip pains when I am walking. X-rays shows that the hip is warn out .I am 77 years old . The pain is fine when I am not active , only painfull when walking. My G P says I am due for a operation . I am reluctant , what should I do

Reply to Danie
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2011/08/31

Dear CJ

Reply to Healthy Bones