Question
Posted by: pieter | 2009/12/14

Joints

I have aproblem with my joints. My knees, shoulder and wrists " knak"  when i sit still for a long period or when I get up in the morning. who do I ned to consult?

Hallo Pieter
If it is not painful and your joints are not swollen or red, it is unlikely to be a problem that needs treatment. Often "noisy" joints are caused by air bubbles in the synovial fluid – the liquid that surrounds and lubricates your joints –and by the snapping of tightly stretched ligaments as they slide off one bony surface onto another or cartilages slipping over each other. When joint cracking is accompanied by pain or swelling, it may indicate some mechanical problem or disease within or around the joint, such as torn or frayed cartilage and then you need to see your GP to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon for further examinations like arthroscopy.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/14

Hallo Pieter

Reply to cyberdoc