Posted by: Happy | 2011-09-15

Joint pain - recently gave birth

Dear Doc, my baby boy is 7 weeks old. He was delivered naturally after 11 hours ( weighing 3.8kg)
I have since the birth been battling with pain in my knees if i move around, especially bending them. My wrists and feet are quite sore at times too. I was weighing 72 just before i gave birth and now weighing 57kg. Is this normal to be experiencing joint pain? What can i take for it as i am exclusively breastfeeding as well.
thank you in advance!!

Panado is safe to take when breastfeeding but I do suggest that you consult a doctor for blood tests, to exclude an arthritis that might be the cause for your joint pain. Once a cause is identified, the treatment can be given more spesifically and accurately.