Question
Posted by: dom | 2009-01-08

joint pain

hi cyberdoc
i' m 31 years old and have been experiencing some pain in my left hip joint for quite some time now, the pain is worsened by crossing my leg or sitting for a extended peroid of time. i never used to have any pain at all and don' t have any pain on the right side. i have no idea how this started, as i don' t recall injuring myself at all.
what do you suggest i do?

Dear Dom
you may have an inflammation of the hip's bursa ( a fluid filled sac that helps smooth movement) Let your GP or a physiotherapist evaluate the hip joint and treat accordingly?
dr Bets