Question
Posted by: Rk | 2011-01-06

Joint cracking

I also seem to have an urge to crack my right index finger all the time. Sometimes it even hurts when I crack it too much. I have also notices the the 2nd joint from the top feels harder than my other finger joints. I am only 29 yrs old and rather healthy? Could it be arthiritis?

Hallo RK
Cracking your joints put a lot of stress on the cartilage of the joint and can cause functional damage to it but is normally not a cause of arthritis. The more important question is why do you do it? Does it make you feel better when you are nervous or anxious? Maybe this should then be looked at, or you should try a herbal anti-anxiety medication like Biral that you can buy over the counter.
If the joint itself is irritated, rather let your GP have a look to see if you need x/rays or referal to a hand specialist.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-06

Hallo RK