Question
Posted by: Blaine | 2008-11-20

Joint care

I am a 26 year old male. I exercise often which involves a lot of running and weight work. I would like to know if there is any product or supplement that I could start taking now to take care of my joints as a preventative measure for my older age? Or is it unecessary at my age.

Blaine

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear blaine
Exercise in itself is already a preventative measure- just remember that high impact exercise is probably not that ideal if done in excess as it can put unnecessary strain on the joints- especially the knees. Supplements at this stage is probably not necessary, although the glucosamine supplements that you can get in the pharmacy will probably not do harm.