Question
Posted by: Rosa de Beer | 2010-08-17

joint and muscle pain

About 3 months ago I started getting pains in my feet and knees when I walked up the stairs etc., it has slowly progress to where now, all my joints are inflammed. My feet are constantly swollen and I often get muscle cramps and pains. I am constantly tired and I wake up almost every morning with a terrible headache. I am 26 years old. I have been to my GP and he tested me for Arthritic Rheumatism, the tests came back negative. He thinks I should wait and see if the pain goes away but I am very concerned. What should I do?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Rosa
Please ask to be referred to a rheumatologist- this is a doctor who specialises in rheumatology- for a second opinion and a good checkup. Sometimes the blood results may be negative but there is still an inflammatory process going on. The specialist will know what else to look for and which other tests to do.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010-08-17

Dear Rosa

Reply to Healthy Bones