Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2008/07/15

Johannesburg City Power

CS, how did you solve that problem that you had with Johannesburg City Power? I have been calling that stupid "emergency number" 011 375 5555 for 2 days and needless to say - no answer!

Some brainless employee of theirs decided to cut our whole complex's electricity supply, because the guy who owned the property before the contractors who subdivided it and sold it to us, owe some money. We have been staying there for 3 years and all of our bills are paid up to date. I have 3 small children, one is a baby of 9 days, no electricity, the electric fence does not work, the alarm does not work, and the electric security gate stays open, the food in my fridge is going off - and I am not even guilty! I feel so powerless.

Can someone please tell me how to get these brainless people to switch our electricity back on?

My problem, which I'm still working on resolving, was with Tshwane City Council, as brainless and bust avoiding work as any others. I postponed the crisis caused by their continuing negligence with the aid of som good folks at Beel, which published a story about part of the saga.
Powerless indeed. Wouldn't it be marvellous if a committee of ratepayers had the right to switch off THEIR power supply when we saw fit ?

2
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/07/15

sometimes is worthless to fight with a brainless person, just take legal actions against them, as i know in the goverment offices no one want to be responsible so they will keep on transfering you to different people until you feel tired.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/07/15

A friend had the same problem ended up taking a day of work and physically going there. They said 24hours and it will be restored. needless to say it was not.

Yesterday he took of another day and again they said 24hours. It's now on again....for how long we dont know..

Reply to CP MOM