Question
Posted by: Gina | 2010/03/02

Jogging in the morning- tired?

Hi Ross

Just wanted to see if you knew of a reason that I would always be tired after jogging in the mornings- only ever get tired if it''s in the morning and not in early evening. If I jog between 8 and 11am I always feel exhausted in the afternoon! If I jog after work at 6 then I am totally fine until bed. Is there a reason for the tiredness? I do make sure I eat properly after the jog and make sure I drink plenty of water.

Gina

HI Gina

Energy, probably, because you might, if that jog was say 8km long, burn 600 to 700 kCal. You might eat properly afterwards, but are you certain of it? Six hours after that run, it's quite possible that you are running low on energy because of your diet. If you run in the afternoon, you eat dinner, you sleep and you never find yourself in that situation.

So I would guess it's energy related, and that means you need to look at your diet. What you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat. For example, if you ate just after running, at 9am, and then again at lunch, you might get to 4pm feeling a bit flat. If you at four smaller meals in that time, it may help. Little things like that often help.

So I'd look at that as a first port of call.

2
Posted by: Gina | 2010/03/03

Thanks so much

Appreciate the super quick response! I will definitely try eating four small meals after a morning jog and see if that changes things.
I am sure that it will.

Gina

Reply to Gina
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/03/03

HI Gina

Reply to fitnessdoc