Question
Posted by: choco | 2009-04-21

jogging &  not losing

I have been jogging 30 mins 3 times a week need to lose +-10kg
eating very healthy trying to lose weight for the las 3 years, but not losing weight losing cm' s. Is this normal when will I start losing weight

thanks

HI Choco

Perfectly normal, yes. You should be pleased with that result so far, because if you're losing centimeters and not weight, then it probably means you are increasing muscle mass and losing fat mass. That's an excellent result, and has long term implications for how you progress on the problem.

There is an issue about the Ideal weight, and whether in fact you might have say 5kg to lose and not 10kg. That's always a difficult one to know exactly, but I think you need to focus on getting fitter. Then the weight takes care of itself.

For example, you might look at increasing the duration of your runs to 40 minutes. or run 4 times a week, or run further in the 30 minutes (so run faster). ANy of these will be a positive change, because if you get fitter, you'll also get leaner

3
Posted by: choco | 2009-04-29

Thanks to you all
I have tried for many years trying to lose weight
I now feel so much better jogging and look better in clothes that motivates me to continue jogging
I will increase my time.
Many Thanks

Reply to choco
Posted by: Really | 2009-04-24

Like the other reader.. I say add a little more distance to your jogging sessions and what you can also do is to try and run for like 90 minutes once or twice a week, also look at your diet.. within a month you will notice a difference.

Reply to Really

ad a little more distance,quality workouts, and some strength training.good pt workouts in your house or garage.