Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/05/12

Jock itch/ringworm

Hi, my boyfriend has had an itchy pubic area with a red rash for a few weeks now and I recently noticed a red circle on my knee that looks like a fungal infection. If what he has is jock itch could I have caught it from him? He is using Medaspor to treat it (but has only started using it regularly now), would it be ok to wait and see if it helps before going to a doctor?

Thanks so much,
Sarah

Sarah

Yes, it is possible that you have contracted Candida from your boyfriend, that is causing the a red circle on your knee. I suggest that you also use Medaspor and give it a few days to see if the rash subside. If there is no improvement, I recommend that both of you consult a doctor.