Posted by: Leanne | 2010-09-29

Job offer - Bridge of contract pls advise

I have been offered a position at company ABC. I have placed my 1 month notice period at my current company DEF

ABC has put on the table an offer, and awaiting for me to sign the employment offer. I’ m expected to start on the 1 Nov

However another company XYZ has asked me not to sign the offer as yet reason being they are keen on me joining the company but awaiting me to meet with the director of XYZ (his currently on leave)

In the mean time, I’ m going to except the offer at DEF however if the job at XYZ comes thru what do I do.

From my understanding, I know I will not be able to expect another job offer. But then if I want the job at XYZ how do I place my notice at DEF when I just accepted an employment offer

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: JOB OFFER - Bridge of contract pls advise

You need to be sure of a job offer which must be in writing before you resign from another company. With chop and change like you have done will make both employers distrust you.