Question
Posted by: Depressed | 2009-11-25

Job hunt

Dear CS

Im a young enthusiastic being...........well at least thats what i believe,ive been on the job market for over a year now and clearly no one seems to think im employable,ive had yet another rejection this morning ,which reduced me to tears,you know you just start thinking maybe they are right.....im just not worth them giving me the job,ive been trying for so long now ,and money is getting tighter ,i will be reduced to living in a shack as long as this doesnt changed,ive uploaded my cv on almost all the job sights,ive been to countless interviews,is there something wrong with me,i have no work experience,i dropped out of an IT diploma due to not being able to pay for my tuition,i want to go back and finish off hence i want a job and im willing to work for it,im just at a point where i feel like giving up,i do want to make something of myself,but i feel like i just dont know what to do anymore,if there is anyone out there who would like to take a chance on me please respond to this post,please advise ,what havnt i done and what can i do?

I understand your feelings of despair, but be cautious not to blame yourself for the effects of the economic down-turn. Perfectly good workers are losing their jobs, because their company can no longer afford them, not because they are bad workers.
So I greatly doubt that this has anything to do with you not being worth giving a job to, but more to do with their being many fewer jobs to give, and many more well-qualified and experienced people around seeking them.
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with you.
And you're probably also caught in a familiar catch22 - you don't get a job ( in part ) because you lack work experience, and you lack work experience because they dotn't give you a job.
Think of doing voluntary work with and NGO or charity, to keep occupied, and to develop work skills and experience and a sense of self-worth - it's bound to add to your CV, too.

4
Posted by: mememememe | 2009-11-25

Have you tried adjusting your interview skills?
Maybe you not coming across as thjis enthusiastic being that you. Are you nervous and anxious in interviews?

You need to shine.
What I do is pretend I' m a celebrity and the interviewer is part of the media and they asking me questions. It puts me into a totally different frame of mind.
It works wonders for me.
And I come across as confident and intelligent and vibrant naturally.

Read up on the company before you go for an interview, it will impress on them that you are very serious about employment there.

Never say die! You can do this.
All the very very very best!

Reply to mememememe
Posted by: mememememe | 2009-11-25

You need to shine.
It works wonders for me.

Never say die! You can do this.
All the very very very best!

Reply to mememememe
Posted by: yellow | 2009-11-25

try looking for a different job type and dont just look for IT work all the time -for example call centres are a good short term option where you can get your foot in the door at a company and then move into what you want to do.

Reply to yellow