Question
Posted by: zyphur | 2008-11-10

job getting me down

hi there cS,
I used to work in the hospitality industry, I quit my job because my marraige was suffering due to the long work hours. I now work as a secretary, and I absolutely loathe it, not only is it unstimulating but the pay is not great. I suppose this isnt really a unique problem, and everyone is probably thinking I should be grateful that I even have a job. i dont have money to study or do a course and we cant afford one less income. i am thinking of going back to the restaurant trade, but i know its going to be uphill. i am just so lost where my career is concerned, and becoming very depressed.

Its surely not a unique problems, and you already know you nare lucky to have a job at all. Isn't there someone or some people you know in the restaurant business from before, who you could discuss this situation with, before making a decision ?