Posted by: Unhappy Mommy | 2009-01-28

Job Description

Hi There.

Our company has employed a new country manager as of 1 Jan 2009. Our new boss has now given everyone new job descriptions, taking away tasks and giving new ones.
Can he just change our job descriptions without giving us a new contract and reviewing our salary accordingly ??

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Job descriptions cannot unilaterally be changed, it has to be done through discussion, likewise with salary.

Posted by: Unhappy Mommy | 2009-01-30

Thanks for your reply Boetie.
It is still the same company just new manager.
I used to be emplyed to do part sales rep/admin now he only wants me to do sales rep and wants me to travel. I am a single mommy as he is aware so its not possible to leave my toddler.The new paperwor and micro managing is horrific.

Reply to Unhappy Mommy
Posted by: Boetie | 2009-01-29

If it is still the same company but just a new manager then he has no right to change anything that is stated in your contract/letter of appiontment, especially if Ur disadvantaged by his changes. The staff members must take their contracts to him + confront him on the issue. If he wont budge then take the matter further - to his superiors or elsewhere. Good luck.

Reply to Boetie