Question
Posted by: Sticker | 2008/08/14

job change

I resigned recently because I got scared at some of things we were doing at work. I am just worried that someday soon I will land up in court. I got this potentially good job elsewhere but the boss is a woman and the is some chance she could work me into the ground. I feel backed into a corner that if I dont go now I wont get this opportunity again but on the otherhand the people are so nice here and the surroundings are cool. Its also close to home but damn I get stressed and worried in this position.

What do I do? I have such a bad feeling about going to the new place at the moment. Im not sure if its just fear of not being able to meet this new woman' s expectations or if Im just a chicken in general

Hard to respond without more details than you can supply. If at the present job they're doing something criminal or similarly sinister with a real potential of major problems, its hardly worth being a pleasant setting for a while. At the new opportunity, what makes you think they new boss would work you too hard ? There are labour laws to prevent that sort of thing !