Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-03

Am I a coward? My job is a mess and I’ m getting deeper and deeper into trouble. I see no way out of this mess, but to end my life. I don’ t feel suicidal, but the way things have been going at work, I’ m going to lose my job. I’ m totally responsible for the mess. The harder I try to worse it becomes. It is spiraling out of control. I’ m not depressed, but I know quitting my meds. would push me into it. Talking about the mess is not going to make it go away. I’ ve even asked some people at work if they are interested in my job. I have to make a decision soon. I might even be a little high at the moment. I can' t sit still and I' m talking too much.

Oh come now. Maybe it is indeed a lousty job, but ending your life is no solution to anything --- its another problem. Talking about the mess with a counsellor won't make the mess go away, but WILL help you to sort it out more effectively. And NEVER make any serious life decision while wither unusually high or low. See your prescribing doc / shrink for a further assessment, and do NOT leave your job at this stage

Posted by: manOhman | 2009-02-03

dont could always get another job..... why dont you also speak to your manager/supervisor about the situation (try not to mention the sucide thing that may really freak em out) ask for help....i mean your company has a responsibility to assist you with your performance if you need help......ask them.

Reply to manOhman
Posted by: Meena | 2009-02-03

Calm down. Take a few deep breaths.
Don' t despair. This time will pass as well.
Don' t leave your job. Calmly continue, but think about alternatives also. Apply for other jobs. Think about what you are good at, and go for those types of jobs. even if you lose your job. Don' t worry. It is not the end of the world. You can start again. But if you end your life, then it is really over. Sometimes going through a bad patch teaches us stuff. Learn the lessons and when this period is over, you will be happier again.

Just hang in there.

Reply to Meena