Posted by: Sue | 2012-12-11

Re Post 545
Sorry it''s me again. I''m really struggling today. Since Saturday he has been sleeping on the couch. Last night he started sort of talking to me in bits and pieces and when it came to bedtime I said goodnight and went to bed. A few minutes later he stormed into the room and said sarcastically ''thanks for asking me to sleep in the bed and not the couch'' and off to the couch he stormed. I then gave it a few minutes and went and asked him nicely to come to bed. I was then told no and that he is still leaving and ending the relationship. All of this because I asked about his ex phoning and got jealous? According to him it''s all my fault. I did it. Because of my jealousy I made him end the relationship. I said to him that I didn''t want it ended and that I want to sort it out. He said no it''s too late. He said that he has given me 2 chances and will not give me a 3rd. I''m seriously trying to accept that it is over and to get my mind into a place that can handle it without totally breaking down. I know the pain, loneliness, longing and loss that is coming is inevitable and I''m dreading it.

Basically, with each new dispatch from the warfare front, it sounds as though the choice is clear. End the relationship with this emotional infant, or persuade him to join you in couples counselling. The most probably successful way for you to find peace and happiness ? Encourage the kid to leave.
And why on earth are you assuming you have to "break down" when and if he leaves ? You're a strong woman who doesn't need this misery around you. You do NOT have to feel pain, loneliness and loss, and why on earth would you long for these childish temper tantrums ? See a cousnellor to help you break these bad habits, like giving up smoking. It'll be better for your health.

Posted by: Sue | 2012-12-11

Thanks everyone. Valuable advice which I will seriously take to heart.

Reply to Sue
Posted by: 40''ish | 2012-12-11

Every step away from him is a step closer to Mr Right. You don''t need someone who plays games and throws tantrums like a little kid. You need a MAN. Why would you put up with such a horrible little man.

And why can you NOT ask about the x???? I am extremely jealous and he know it when he met me slowly but surely he proved to me there is nothing to be upset about. I still check and I still don''t find anything and its been 10 years. That''s who I am. Think about it. If you have nothing to hide why would you get upset?

This man has secrets for sure. But apart from them, throw him and his games out the door. NOW. Don''t even wait.

Somewhere there is a decent ADULT man waiting for you

Reply to 40''ish
Posted by: Liza | 2012-12-11

'' I know the pain, loneliness, longing and loss that is coming is inevitable and I''''m dreading it.''

@Sue - The pain, loneliness, longing and loss is only inevitable because you believe it''s inevitable. Start telling yourself that this is the best thing that''s happened to you lately. You''re gaining your freedom here after all and getting rid of the childish and irrational millstone you''ve saddled yourself with up to now. I took this attitude when I got divorced - and I got over the divorce before it was final!

Good Luck

Reply to Liza