Question
Posted by: anne | 2012/03/06

Jealousy?

I have a friend lets call him B who is acting weird. I go to gym and he has a friend there who keeps an eye on me that nobody flirts/talks to me. I was introduced to someone yesterday so asked B who he was and B was very quick to say that this guy has a girlfriend. Is this jealousy, possessiveness or what? It seems like I cant talk to anyone but we are only supposed to be friends??

Maybe you think he's just a friend, but clearly he thinks very differently about this - you're describing a guy who is manipulative, possessive, controlling and jealous, someone with whom it would probably be very difficult to have a normally satusfying or happy relationship. I can't imagine any good reason for wantin g to continue any form of relationship with such a person, but plan a safe retreat, as he could be more unbalanced than he has revealed so far

3
Posted by: Gym | 2012/03/06

Change gyms, there are some great deals out there due to the recession or take up another form of excercise........

Reply to Gym
Posted by: Liza | 2012/03/06

It definitely sounds like jealousy. Even worse - it proves that B is manipulative and controlling. If I were you, I''d tell B that he''s definitely stepped over the line and if he steps over the line again, he won''t get a third chance.

The utter nerve - his behavior is completely outrageous. If it were me, I''d have told him to go to the uncomfortably warm place, a long time ago - but then again I''m rather uncompromising when it comes to things like being manipulated and controlled by others. If people can''t be honest with me I see no reason to be friends with them...

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza