Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-08-20

jealousy

another post from me. i have posted a few times about coming to terms with gender disappointment. i have felt better the last few days. the more i think about it and look on the bright side the better i feel. and i think i have to thank regular doses of rescue for that. i still have a tear here and there. the boy is due soon and i just can''t help to think this may all just a mistake and that the scans were all wrong. denial could be making me feel better but i think i will be ok. now i have a few friends and family members who are planning babies or newly pregnant. i can''t help but feel extremely jealous that they may be carrying little girls. horrible i know but i just can''t shrug this jealous feeling. i think to a certain degree i am somewhat a jealous person. is jealousy a psychological thing? i really do not want to be jealous. it is a consuming feeling? no wonder they call it a deadly sin.

Denial is often like am ointment, which soothes, though maybe without healing the wounds. Jealousy is always a psychological thing, and you're right it wastes time and energy. I still think some counselling could enable you and your children to enjoy life far more happily

3
Posted by: Liza | 2010-08-20

I desperately wanted my second child to be a girl. The doc told me it was a girl until I was about 34 weeks pregnant - and then I heard - oops its a boy! My disappointment was immense.

BUT right after he was born 2 weeks later and put into my arms I just totally fell in love. It didn''t matter that he was a boy anymore.

Take the time to get used to the fact that your unborn child is a son. Yes - initially jealousy is a very valid emotion, but as you already said ''the more i think about it and look on the bright side the better i feel.'' You hit the nail on the head. So stop worrying!

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Lerato | 2010-08-20

Just be thankful that you are carrying a healthy baby - think about ppl who cannot conceive or are carrying mongols, even worse stil borns!!!! there are ppl who are willing to spend anything just to get a baby - boy or girl!!!!

Reply to Lerato