Question
Posted by: Bee | 2010/02/15

Jealous of puppy

So we adopted a 9 week old croos breed. We have a 2 year old bulldog. We introduced them in the park and did not just bring the puppy home.

Is it normal for the bully to be jealous, question is obviosuly ridiculous as I am sure its normal, but she is bullying him (mind the pun).

She is much better now and they are playing but as soon as someone comes to visit to look at the puppy she starts the bullying again.

How do we prove to her that we still love her the same?

Dear Bee

Always give the most dominant dog all the attention first. Feeding, stroking, palying etc, this should eliminate the behaviour. Most people do it the other way rounds and cause conflict in 'the pack'

4
Posted by: annemarie #1 fan | 2010/02/23

Hi Awie - my yorkie, 5 jaar oud het n paar vratjies op sy rug. Hulle groei, en dan val of hy krap, hulle af. Maar die een is groterig, soos n bosluis. Kan ek iets daarop sit of kan die veearts dit me liquid nitrogen afhaal? sou hy dan narkose moet kry, die hond, nie die veearts nie?

Reply to annemarie #1 fan

Reply to annemarie #1 fan
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/16

Dear Bee

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/02/15

Send her a Valentine card? Bit late, but maybe she won' t notice...

Reply to Chill