Posted by: Jenny | 2009-09-03

Jealous dog urinating

We have two dogs, both male and neutered. I had a baby a year and a half ago, and since the baby started walking at a year one of the dogs started urinating in the house. Not marking (he sometimes marks as well), but big, big puddles of pee. There are two spots where he goes to pee, but if we block access to those spots he pees next to or on anything that belongs to the baby. If I try to give the dog more attention, and take him for walks he also digs up the garden and chews up the furniture (if I stop with the walks he stops the digging and chewing). The other dog doesn' t give any problems. Do you have any advice on what I can do to stop the peeing in the house?

Dear Jenny

I think you need to chat to a behaviourist in your area. This is a difficult one to resolve.