Question
Posted by: ENOUGH | 2012/04/24

JEALOUS BASSET / REFORMED!!

Dear DBE, I would like to thank you for the great advise you''ve given in post 67. I have a basset that had a complete turnaround in under 2 weeks. It nearly cost me ALL my patience, but she is a dream and behaves wonderfully. Last night I did not even speak to her. I looked at her straight and just upped my arm for her to go to her special coach - AND SHE DID!!! My husband was at a loss for words. I''m so happy. Thank you!!!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi enough, am thrilled for you! Please remember it was you that did all the hard work involved, all I did was give you the tools, so well done!
What may occur is that she suddenly goes back to the original behaviour. this is called an 'extinction burst' and is simply like a child throwing a tantrum. Unless the JR breed, seldom lasts more than a day, two at the most. If this does occur, just concentrate on praising the good behaviour and ignoring or distracting 'bad' behaviour. Keep up the excellent work and please dont hesitate to shout if you need any help. Thks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/04/25

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert