Question
Posted by: Dania | 2011/08/17

Jealous

I have been seeing my partner for about 4 years now, I am terribly jealous over him, I hate it when he looks at other woman and often accuse him of wanting to be with someone who is everything I am not. I hate it when he compliments other woman and worry that he goes out he will meet someone else better than me. I often cause fights as a result of this. I know that the problem is with me and that this jealousy that I feel is nothing to do with him. I question him incessantly whether he really loves me or whether he really wants to be with me. I realise that this behaviour will destroy our relationship and I will only have myself to blame. I have been trying so hard to get over it but the feelings get so intense that it seems as though I just cannot control myself and will always end up saying something I regret. Can you give me any advise on how I can go about banishing these jealous feelings and give my man the love and acceptance that he deserves. Is jealousy something that can be solved?

SO you apparently feel unreasonable insecure about yourself and your attractiveness, assuming that he would be keen to prefer to be with anyone else ( and of course, if that were true, why wouldn't he already be with them and not with you ? )As you know, this sort or assumption and the squabbles it leads to, kill relationships. Do see a personal counsellor to work on self-esteem and geting rid of this set of assumptions of jealousy. It can be solved, but may need a bit of work with that expert assistance, to get rid of it, for the sake of this and of any other, later relationship.
Man has a point, have you calmly discussed with this guy your concerns about committment and whether the pair of you share the same expectations for the future ?

5
Posted by: Johannah | 2011/09/15

Big help, big help. And superlative news of cosure.

Reply to Johannah
Posted by: tuscan | 2011/08/17

That is an excuse he is using to buy time, most guys likewhen their lady is jealous,it kinda shows just how much youlove him!!

Reply to tuscan
Posted by: Dania | 2011/08/17

yes we have been dating for 4 years, I have discussed this with him and he has told me that under no circumstances will he commit unless I solve this problem. He has told me that he would commit if it wasn`t for the jealousy.

Reply to Dania
Posted by: Man | 2011/08/17

You have been SEEING him for 4 years but he has not commited to you in marriage/propsal.
You are showing jealousy because you are insicure. If he hasnt commited in 4 years he is not going to!
Time to move on ................

Reply to Man