Question
Posted by: Cammy | 2011/12/12

JC Leroux la chanson vs two oceans dry red wine

Dear doc,

Please advise which contains more calories in a 100ml glass between J C le roux and two oceans dry red wine.

Is JC le roux classified as sparkling wine.
I am sorry to mantion names im not sure if it is allowed.
thank you kindly.
Cammy

Dear Cammy
I must admit that I do not have the energy content values for JC Le Roux sparkling wine and Two Oceans dry red wine. The latest edition of the SA Food Tables only lists the energy content of all wines (red/white/rosé, dry,/semi-sweet/sparkling with an alcohol content of 12% v/v; or 9,4% w/w) as 300 kJ per 100 ml. The decision not to differentiate between the different types of wine in the Food Tables, is probably because the differences in energy content are small.
I can only suggest that you Google the two cellars and contact them to ask if they can provide you with the energy content per 100 ml of these 2 wines.

2
Posted by: Cammy | 2011/12/13

Thanks doc

Reply to Cammy

Dear Cammy