Question
Posted by: Bongi | 2010/05/19

Jaw wiring

I would like to know if the jaw wiring can be coverd by my medical aid and how much will it cost. My medical aid is Gems(Emerald)
Thanx..

Dear Bongi
Each medical aid has its own policy when it comes to treatments such as jaw wiring. I would suggest that you first phone your medical aid personally to ask if they do or don't cover jaw wiring. If they do, you need to contact your dentist to find out who does jaw wiring in your area and what it would cost. These procedures are not as popular as they were in the past and you may have to hunt around a bit to find a dentist or orthodontist who is prepared to assist you.

1

Dear Bongi