Question
Posted by: Meja | 2011/04/19

jaw pain

Hi doc,

last night I tried to sleep and I couldnt because on the right side of my face I had really bad pain. It was more my jaw bone and underneath that. my teeth didnt hurt but the pain was a achy kind of pain. Its also a bit swollen and tender. Is this anything? Should I see the doctor or dentist?

Hallo Meja
You may have infection in the salivary gland or a lymph gland. It can also be a spasm of the jaw muscle or inflammation of the joint between the jaw and skull. Rather see a doctor to make a proper diagnosis so that you can get the right medicine for it.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/19

Hallo Meja