Posted by: Champagne | 2009-07-03

Jaw pain

Hi doc!
For the past three days I' ve been having pain in what seems to be my jaw. It feels like the lower jaw and it reaches into the ear, deep inside. The first day it was quite sore, the second day it seemed better but today the area of pain feels bidder and more intense.
It' s especially sore when I open and close my mouth, and when I bite down on my teeth. Also when I move my lower jaw to the left.
Doctors here in NZ are rather expensive and I don' t want to go if I don' t have to.
Thank you so much for your time, doc!

You will have to consult a doctor to determine the cause, as it can be due to a tooth abscess, middle ear infection, sinusitis, as well as the onset of mumps.