Question
Posted by: swg | 2008/08/12

jaw ache

I' ve been having seriously painfull jaw and tooth ache for about two months now. i am having it seen too (my dentist is speaking to my jaw doc but this is taking a while as the maxillo guy is super busy) i' ve been using so many different painmeds/anti inflammatries/antibiotics that i actually can feel that my system is suffering. I have always been carefull with taking painmeds but i just can' t use any anymore. Do you have any suggestions?
its not just tooth ache but also joint aches.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello,
Calendula, chamomile, peppermint and yarrow are naturally anti-inflammatory.

Essential oil of clove, available in most drugstores, is helpful for toothache pain. Apply 1 or 2 drops to the affected tooth with a cotton swab as needed. If you find the clove oil too strong, dilute it with olive oil.

Avoid all refined sugars.

To ease the pain of toothache or abscess rinse the affected area with warm salt water (add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of warm water).

Consult your local osteopath to help with temperomandibular jont pain. Visit www.osteogoodhealth.com for more information.

Try massaging the temporalis muscles which cover the temporal bones at the side of your head.
Open your mouth and relax. Place you hands gently over your jaw and let the weight of your arms gently decompress your jaw.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath