Posted by: jenny | 2010-09-05

Morning Dr, I have severe pain in my lower jaw, it starts from just below my ears (joint) and runs to about half way down. I battle to eat it is so bad, even soft foods. For the last 2 months I have had headaches every day and the pain in my jaw. Please give me some advise

I recommend that you consult a dentist, as it is possible that you have a small tooth abscess that is causing the pain and discomfort. It is also possible that it is a referred pain from your inner ear or due to irritation of the temoporal mandibular joint. Ask your doctor for a full examination, in order to exclude these possibilities.

In the interim you can use Myprodol to alleviate the pain and discomfort.