Question
Posted by: Tiffany | 2009/08/05

Jasmine

I recently went to the dermatologist for help with melasma as well as acne. She put me onto topical antibiotics for the acne, but it has not helped at all. She has now prescibed the ocp Jasmine ( I think it' s called Yasmin in SA) I am worried that this may worsen the melasma. I am about to move to Scotland where the sun is not a huge issue. Given the climatic change, do you think the ocp is likely to worsen the melasma?

Hi Tiffany
Just ensure that you wear a good sunscreen at all times - if you avoid UV light it should not be a problem