Posted by: Pepe' s Mom | 2009-04-11

Jardine has bakteria, currently in ICU

Somehow my jardine Pepe, got sick about 4 days ago. He just went quite and struggles to eat. i took him Monday to the Bird Vet (dr Deon de Beer) which is excellent with birds. He checked Pepe and told me his whole body has been effected with a bad bakteria even his mouth and that is also the reason why he is not He was kept at the hospital and placed into a incubator at ICU. I called this morning and he is still very weak. He got some anjections (antibiotica) and a drip was placed on him last night. I am very worried whether he will make it. Can anybody please inform me whether this is a common thing and will Pepe survive. I am worried and misses him so much and i just hope he will make it and come home. Docter say that the antibiotica takes 48 hours to work and the time for this 48 hours will be tomorrow at 12h00. Please send a prayer for him .... Thank You!

Dear Pepe's Mom

Best to ask the vet that is dealing with him at the moment. He will know a lot more than we do.

Posted by: Pepe s Mom | 2009-04-22

Hi all, SAD NEWS, Pepe passed away on Tuesday 14th April as the doctor called me and told me that he gave pepe some cortozone to bring up his sugar level and not after that his sugar went from 4 to 14 and that was to sudden for him. i am so hart broken and still it feels as if it is a dream. i miss him so dearly that i cannot cope without him. He was so small and i cannot believe that he could go through all that. i spoke to the docter and he told me that there is a change and that it why i told him to do what he must do to get pepe better but unfortunately things went wrong. I have some photo s of him and everyday it breaks my heart not to hear him. I learn to cope but it is very deficult but in my heart i will always love him and never will i forget about him. I have buried him in my garden. While i am writing this i am crying my heart out, Thanks for all your support and Pepe you will always have a special place in my heart and one day we will meet again. i luve you Pepe! XXX

Reply to Pepe s Mom
Posted by: Chill | 2009-04-14

If Pepe was suffering too much, your vet would tell you. He must feel that it is bearable and that there is a good chance for him to pull through.

I hope all goes well - let us know!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Pepe' s Update | 2009-04-14

HI, the doc informed me yesterday (sunday) that the bakteria is under control, most of the swelling is down but still he is very sleepy due to the sugar level which is down. He is also being fed by a sering with poridge,glucose,honey to bring up his sugar level up. The doc also informed me that he gave Pepe some quarterzone injection. This morning they are going to Xray his liver and pangrias to see if there is any damanges. I cannot believe that a little bird can go through such hell. What do you people think is there hope for him to survive or is he suffering. I mentioned to the doc it does not matter what the cost is he must do what is good for Pepe, i want him to be better so that i can take him home. Please send a prayer for him as he is still fighting everydat to make it. Thank You!

Reply to Pepe&#39 s Update
Posted by: Pepe' s Update | 2009-04-12

Hi, the doc has just informed me that it looks like the antibiotica seems to work a little as the swelling in his mouth witch was full of bakteria seems to be little less now but he took some blood and his sugar level is very low 4.2 apparently it must be between 10-12, he is still very sleepy and struggles to eat. He also gets a drip every couple of hours. Do you think there is hope for him as i cannot see him saffer like that, i hope and pray that he will be fine and makes it but it breaks my heart to see him like that, please send a prayer for him ..... Thank You!

Reply to Pepe&#39 s Update