Question
Posted by: Fanta | 2009/10/21

Japanese rice crackers

i just woudlike to find out if japanese rice crackers are healthy? how much Kj they have, i found it very difficult to get any infos about it......

thanks a lot

Dear Fanta
I agree that these is very little information available about these Japanese rice crackers that are appearing in our stores. Unfortunately the SA Food Tables also do not list rice crackers, so I can only surmise that they are low in energy and fat content. If they follow the trend of rice cakes, then they will have a high-glycaemic index (GI). I would suggest that you check on the box to see if there is a contact address in SA (the importer) and ask them if they have any nutrition information on these rice crackers.

1

Dear Fanta