Question
Posted by: please help | 2010-11-03

jane

Hallo, I know this is not shrink related but i need help and anyone who know about this please leave your response. I wanted to leave a post with the labour law but he does not seem to answer Q very quickly.

I am on a medical aid for 2 years now and has not missed one payment since being on this medical aid. my monthly contributions go off via debit order every month, a few months back I recieved a letter from the medical aid stating that they need a proof of income and if they dont recieve it that I will be paying the highest contribution.

On this letter was a fax number, I faxed my proof of income through long before the due date i phoned them about a week after faxing it through they said they did not redcieve it and i faxed it through to them again. this was in June the due date for this to be in was in august. they took my normal monthly contributions every month . noe all of a sudden they took almost double than what i usually pay but the debit order returned bcause I dont have that amount of money in my bank. so I phoned them and they said that they did not recieve the fax that I send through twice. I am so pi**ed I have been having trouble since i got with them they dont pay docs on time and i keep getting final warning from docs since i have been with this medical aid.

What I would like to know is if they are allowed to take almost double my monthly contribution?

I have no idea, but some of our regular readers seem very well informed about this sort of problem.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2010-11-04

They are not allowed to do that.
I hope you do have proof that you faxed this info. to them.
If you do then take this to them, they should have a walk in centre. The best way to resolve this is to go to them, speak to one of the consultants and show them your proof. If you have this they cannot hold you liable for this at all.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Happiness | 2010-11-03

Cancel the medical aid, their service is too lousy!

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: jj | 2010-11-03

complain on hellopeter

Reply to jj