Question
Posted by: Nicky Louw | 2011/09/21

Jack Russels - Urinating against furniture

My two male Jack Russels constantly urinate against items at home. Please help

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Nicky, my first question is - are the dogs sterilized? If not there will be a lot more tendancy for this behaviour to happen and the only way to stop it is for the dogs to be sterilized.
If they are sterilized, I would suggest starting toilet training from scratch (put a link to an article below) and at the same time really cleaning all surfaces marked with a solution of 1/3 white vinegar to 2/3 water and cleaning several times. When the areas are cleaned then apply pure citronella oil to the soiled areas. This normally help. Thanks Scotty
http://www.health24.com/medical/Focus_centres/777-2268-2552-2678,61400.asp

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/09/21

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert