Question
Posted by: jo | 2012/04/10

Jack russells teath

Good Day,
Please can you assist? How do I know if my 4 year old Jack Russell''''s teath need scaling by a vet? I brush his teath weekly but there still seems to be some brown build up on his teath.
thanks,
Jo

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Jo, it really is difficult to answer this as I cant see them! If your are taking good care of the teeth, scaling is not normally required at such a young age. However, there could have been damage to the teeth due to illness etc, and I would honestly suggest that you give your vet a ring, who knows your dog and see what they say. Personally I would suggest trying to get into the habit of brushing daily. I know this a bit of a mission, but just as only brushing our teeth once a week will affect them, so too with a dog. also make sure you are using a 'doggy' toothpaste and you can help the teeth further by giving one of the dental chews daily. Sorry cant be more help!

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/04/11

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert