Question
Posted by: bibi | 2009-09-30

Jack Russell ???

My jack russell aged 7 has the past week not being herself - she walks ok, is lethagic though, eats ok, drinks enough, but will not jump up like she always does, whimpers at times but when you rub her or pet her she shown no sign of being in pain....am worried though, she does however have an irrating itch because she pulls herself along the grass for a long distance to scratch her tummy and is always scratching herself - what can I give her to help with this??? Thanks for your time.

Dear Bibi

Chill has given you some good advice.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-30

It does sound as though she may be in pain - many dogs are very good at not showing this. She may have hurt her back, or something.

Take her to the vet, and talk to him about the itch at the same time.

The first problem sounds to me like by far the more potentially serious, so focus on that first.

Reply to Chill