Posted by: Deon | 2009-09-23

Jack Russel

I have an 11 year old Jac Russel male that lost his partner a while ago.The guy seems alone so i want to get him a new partner.People reckon I should get him a puppy as he will be the dominant one and therefore not give it a hard time,Is this true?If its true, I' m hoping that he will pass his placid but protective and alert nature on.

Dear Deon

Go with a puppy

Posted by: WR | 2009-09-26

I' d rather suggest getting him a mature, spayed female - maybe a rescue? Around 5/6 years old - thing is - at 11 he might not be in the mood for a energetic puppy... A sedate. matur spayed female will be musch calmer - and they would probably get along a lot better in the end. Remember to introduce on neutral grounds. Enjoy &  Good Luck!

Reply to WR